Our team is looking for a Senior Cost Analyst for a pharmaceutical company in Kirkland.
The Senior Cost Analyst will perform cost accounting activities of various nature and ensure that accurate and timely information is incorporated into the Company’s monthly financial reporting system.
• Prepares cost estimates and advises management of their profitability
• Prepares monthly journal entries to reflect the flow of raw materials, packaging materials and direct labour to various general ledger accounts and to department cost centres
• Balances on a monthly basis some subsidiary inventory records to the General Ledger including raw materials, packaging materials
• Ensures that cycle counts are taken for raw materials and packaging materials according to established procedure.
• Periodically, observes counts ensuring that they are accurately taken.
• Reviews all reconciliations of cycle counts completed by Production Control and processes stock adjustments after being satisfied as to their accuracy.
• Revises the standards unit costs for the following fiscal year of all raw materials and packaging materials; also provides support in the overall preparation of the revised finished goods standards unit costs.
• Ensures standards costs are properly maintained in the BRP System and enters any new component standard.
• Prepares monthly cost reports for use by Management.
• Maintain accurate profitability by product.
• Ensure compliance and with the statutory and corporate requirements
• Advises Production Planners on the proper set-up of product structures and routings for accounting purposes.
• Reviews all product structure audit trails for identification of new products and components, then initiates requests from various departments (Manufacturing, Purchasing, Laboratory) in order to build cost for new products.
• Processes rejection notices for raw materials and packaging materials.
• Preparation and issuance of the Cost Manual
• Completes various costing studies as required.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting – CPA, CMA designation;
• 5 + years in manufacturing;
• Advanced Excel and Power Point User;
• Minimum of 5 solid years of Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment;
• Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills, sound understanding of accounting principles;
• Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards;
• Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
• Proficient in SAP and FI/CO/MM/SD/FA modules;
• Good communication skills in English;
• Communication in French is an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year